Tuesday, November 16th, 2021
Winter is approaching!
In preparation for this, School District 8 has identified some areas within the district where, due to grade and topography, the service by a school bus during events of severe winter weather would place students and staff at an unacceptable level of risk. Below are some pre-determined alternate school bus stop locations and pick up or drop off times, in case of a severe winter event in the Nelson Area.
For all students living on Longbeach Road:
- The morning stop location for Route 19 – Shark
- 7:33 AM - North Bound-Hwy 3A and Upper Longbeach Road North; (students to stand at the bottom of Upper Longbeach Road and cross the highway with the bus lights and stop arm).
- The afternoon stop location for Route 16 – Moose (Redfish Students)
- 2:13 PM - Hwy 3A and Longbeach Road North
- The afternoon stop location for Route 18 – Octopus (Trafalgar & LVR Students)
- 4:22 PM - Hwy 3A and Upper Longbeach Road North
For students living in the 49th Creek & Marello Road area:
- The morning bus stop for Route 22 - Giraffe
- 7:40 AM – Blewett Rd & Carlson Rd.
- The afternoon stop location for Route 22 – Giraffe (Blewett Students)
- 2:44 PM – Blewett Rd & Carlson Rd
- The afternoon stop location for Route 22 – Giraffe (Trafalgar & LVR Students)
- 4:02 PM – Blewett Rd & Carlson Rd
Any changes to regular bus routes will be posted on the following:
- Announcements on the SD8 District website
- Announcements on the affected school website
- District Twitter
- District Facebook
- Schoolkit Hub app on your cell phone. Subscribe today
If you require further assistance, please contact the School District No. 8 NelsonTransportation Department at 250-354-4871