Wednesday, January 20th, 2021
British Columbians are being asked to take action to slow the spread of COVID-19. New orders put in place on November 19, 2020 are in effect until at least February 5, 2021.
- Masks are required in many indoor public spaces including stores, community spaces and restaurants except while are eating or drinking by both staff and customers. Masks are also strongly recommended in common areas of workplaces and apartment buildings like elevators, hallways, and washrooms.
- Only socialize with people you live with. If you live alone, you may spend time in person with one or two other people who live in a different household.
- All gatherings and events should be postponed for now. Funerals, weddings and similar events can continue with a maximum of 10 people including the officiant.
- All in-person religious gatherings and worship services are suspended.
- Limit travel to only when needed and avoid travel for social or recreational activities. Do not visit B.C. for a vacation right now.
- All adult indoor and outdoor sports have been suspended. All youth indoor and outdoor and indoor sport must follow viaSport's Return to Sport Phase 2 guidance with respect to maintaining physical distance for participants.
- Gyms and recreation facilities that offer individual workouts and personal training sessions can remain open but there are restrictions in place for indoor group physical activities.
- Most businesses and essential services are open with COVID-19 safety plans in effect.
- Workplaces should review their safety plans and have active daily screening for employees who are on site.
- In class learning continues for K-12 students
- Surgeries and other essential medical services are continuing.