Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year

Registration for the 2021/22 school year is now open! Please read below for information on how to register and what information is required. Only complete registrations with all the required documentation will be accepted and processed.

How do I enroll my child?

SD8 encourages you to apply before March 26, 2021 at 4:00 PM at your neighbourhood catchment school. For registration purposes, Wildflower is considered a catchment school, and you should register here if this is your school of choice. Please note that the school is closed for Spring Break between March 15 - 26, opening again on March 29. Under current COVID-19 protocols, visitors are not allowed in the building, so we will accept forms and documentation through the mail slot by the front door, or scanned and e-mailed (pdf files only please, no image files as we need clear copies). If you don’t have access to a scanner, there are a few places in town that are able to scan documents for you (i.e.: Cowans, Hall Printing, the Nelson Library, Nelson Box Office, etc.).

Please note that registering your child at Wildflower does not guarantee a space in one of our classes. We are working on our enrolment for the 2021/22 school year, and while we will have some spaces available, there appear to be more interested families than spaces. Once we have completed our intake process, if there is not a space for your child, we would forward your registration information to your catchment area school (or the next school of your choice for consideration). If you are unsure of which school is your catchment area school, you may use the interactive map at .

At the time of registration, you will need:

  • Registration Form
  • Transfer Form if you are out of district or catchment, or if your child is registered at another school (if in doubt, it’s ok to fill it out)
  • Proof of Student Age and Birthplace (one of the following)
    • Birth Certificate
    • Passport
  • Citizenship of Parent or Guardian (one of the following)
    • Birth Certificate
    • Passport
  • BC Medical Services Card (front and back)
  • Proof of Residency for Student and Parent to Catchment (must provide two)
    • Rental agreement or property tax notice
    • And: Current Hydro or Gas Bill, Driver’s License, or Home Insurance document (needs to have a physical service address, not just a mailing address)
  • Proof of Guardianship if applicable (Official Court Order or Ministry document).

Current until: Thursday, March 11th, 2021

Posted: Monday, January 4th, 2021