EVERYONE is invited to attend the Law Day Celebration on April 22 at the Nelson Courthouse. There will be a number of educational activities and fun to be had by all.
Things to do:
• TOUR the Courthouse and the jail cells with the Sheriffs
• LEARN from Bylaw, Court Clerks, Conservation Officers, Law Enforcement, Lawyers, Sheriffs, Victims Assistance and Restorative Justice.
• ENTER the COLOURING CONTEST for primary aged children and an ESSAY CONTEST for youth in Middle School and High School. For this year’s topic we are looking for a one page essay about how you view drugs and their effect on our community. Prizes to be won!
• WATCH a mock trial, take part in a Bail Hearing, meet the Police Dog, or listen to Forensic Identification and Drug Recognition experts.
• ENJOY refreshments and treats!
Law Day 2017
320 Ward Street, Nelson, BC
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For questions or if you would like further information, please contact the Nelson Court Registry at: 250-354-6165