Please check with your child to see if they are interested in running – many picked up permission forms at the school last week and today.
Cross-country running is getting started for the 2019-2020 school year. There are two races this week (details below). Sacha and/or another teacher will be taking the kids to each of the events. We will likely book a bus, depending on interest and/or share a bus with another school. Please have a conversation with your child to see if they are interested. We will be speaking to classes on Monday and handing out permission forms to the pertinent grades.
September 24th (Tuesday) – Grade 7-9 Runners
Selkirk College – Castlegar (Parking in main lot) at 4 pm
Shared bus or parent drivers depending on numbers.
Grade 7 and under = 2 km – Grade 8, 9 = 3-4 km
September 26th (Thursday) – Grade 2-6 Runners
This is a race hosted by South Nelson at Lakeside Park. The meet will start promptly at 3:00 pm so we will aim to arrive by 2:45 pm. Bus will leave the school at approximately 2:10 pm. Parent pick-up would be easiest at the Lakeside soccer fields. You will likely be interested in watching your child run as well.
After each race, students will sign in and then go to the juice and cookie table.
- Thursday, September 26th 3:00-4:00 for the South Nelson Cross Country Meet held at Lakeside Fields
- Thursday, October 3rd 3PM @ Rosemont School
- Thursday, October 10th, 12:30 at Lakeside Park
- Tuesday, Sept 24 – Selkirk College, Castlegar
- Tuesday, October 1 – Mount Sentinel – Slocan Pools
- Tuesday, October 8 – Kaslo River or Crawford Bay
- Tuesday, October 16 – West Kootenay Zones at Selkirk College, Castlegar