Community Connect Day is a marketplace of FREE services, activities and resources for anyone in the community who is struggling to makes ends meet. It is a day that recognises we can take a community approach to help one another in Nelson. Organizers are extending a warm welcome to community members to come out and enjoy this family-friendly event.
Are you living in Nelson and struggling to make ends meet? Does the approaching winter weather have you wondering how you’re going to pay for a needed coat or boots? Have you been putting off vision testing or a dental check up, or that needed adjustment or care for your back, or the pet’s worsening condition because you just haven’t the money to deal with it? Are you wondering what service in town can help with the health or housing or employment or personal issue you or your family are facing? The 9th Annual Community Connect Day may be what you need!
– Free Café!
– Dental check ups & referrals
– Eye check ups & referrals
– Health check ups & info
– Foot care, glucose tests & blood pressure taken
– Hep C/HIV info & services
– Childcare for appointments
– Haircuts! Hair & Body care items!
– Massage, Chiropractor, Reiki, & Reflexology
– Veterinary consultations & referrals (NO PETS please!) (thanks to Selkirk Animal Hospital!)
– Kids activity area, arts, crafts & face painting, and a fire truck!
– Housing search support/info
– Advocacy services & info
– Women & domestic violence services & support
– Employment services & info
– Indigenous services & info
– Youth services
– Family & Early Childhood services/info…
& much more!
There will be so many giveaways:
– Winter Coats – Coats 4 the Koots! (thanks to Valhalla Pure!)
– Winter Boots! ShoeBank Canada
– Socks! Winter accessories!
– Wellness packages!
– Door prizes!
This year it takes place on Saturday, November 19th from 10am to 3pm at Central School Gym (access off of Ward & Mill Streets). It is hosted by the Nelson Committee on Homelessness – a group of over 20 service providers, but it is the involvement of dozens of professionals, businesses and volunteers that makes it such a special event.